WNewquay Tablet PC MVP

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Gear Around Here

Tablet PCs

The current stable includes three machines:

  • Toshiba M200
    - Pentium M 1.6 1.5 MB RAM 60 gig 7200 RPM Drive
  • Toshiba M200
    - Pentium M 1.6 1.0 MB RAM 60 gig 7200 RPM Drive
  • HP TC1100
    - Pentium M 1.0 1.0 MB RAM 60 gig 5400 RPM Drive

Why three?

The TC1100 is a brilliant carry-it-everywhere solution for me (in slate mode). The M200 is terrific as a desktop replacement. I take both when doing lectures and presentations (more about that in another entry).

Recently I had a chance to pick up a second M200 at a good price so I did. One of the challenges I was having (and admittedly this was not serious) was that I considered both the TC1100 and the M200 as "production" machines. That is, I used both for what I considered to be mission critical applications. Adding a new machine gave me a non-production environment I could use as a sandbox for development.

Chronology of Acquisition
2005

  • February Toshiba M200

2004

  • April Compaq TC1000 (sold)
  • March Toshiba M200


2003

  • December HP TC 1100 (traded in one TC1000)
  • September Compaq TC1000 (traded in Toshiba M3500)
  • September Toshiba M3500
  • August Compaq TC1000

Other Pen Enabled Technologies
Wacom Tablet (3x5)
IBM TransNote (2)
Seiko InkLink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home